ToLuna is pleased to announce that the Company is today issuing a total of 25,000 new ordinary shares of 1p each, divided equally between the following five charitable organisations:
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters in more than 70 countries.
- Arc en Ciel. Since 1991, Arc en Ciel realises dreams of sick children, whether it be to swim with dolphins, to attend the training of astronauts, to attend a performance by their favourite artist. These dreams are made with the close cooperation with the medical teams that take medical responsibility for the child.
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s largest independent funder of cancer research. It supports the work of more than 3,500 scientists, doctors and nurses in hospitals, universities and research institutes across the UK, conducting research into all aspects of cancer, from improving its diagnosis through to developing better treatments and improving the quality of life for cancer patients.
- The Scleroderma Society. Scleroderma is a rare connective tissue disease that damages the skin and internal organs. There is no cure. The Scleroderma Society, which is run by volunteers, supports people with this disease, increases awareness of scleroderma amongst health professionals and the public, and funds scientific and medical research.
- Basis e.V. a Frankfurt based charity help to provide employment for drug addicted or former drug addicted people.
These charitable organisations have been nominated by our staff in offices where we have operated in 2006 (France, UK, Germany and the US) and by our board members.
Application has been made for these shares to be admitted to AIM and it is expected that dealings in these shares will commence on 8 May 2007. Frederic-Charles Petit, Chief Executive of the Company, has paid the £250 nominal value to facilitate their issue.
On admission, the Company will have 35,940,245 voting ordinary shares in issue.
We hope the creation and gifting of new shares to worthy causes will encourage other companies listed on AIM to support charities in this way.