Emerald Insight, a leading market research agency, recently released a special issue of the European Journal of Marketing. Discover how word of mouth (WOM) marketing is fundamentally changing the way consumers engage, interact and consume media.
Access to the article is free until the 22nd August 2013 by visiting www.emeraldinsight.com/tk/word-of-mouth , username: WOM2013, password: emerald.
With its one-to-many potential and vast availability, WOM and viral marketing present many challenges – least not of which is that it is never under the control of the firm, but relies solely, and powerfully, on the whims of customers. This special issue offers five insightful studies, including:
• Comparing incentive strategies that encourage existing customers to refer new prospects;
• Using pricing schemes to influence referral behaviour
• Discovering what drives individuals to engage in different types of eWOM
• An exploration of online reviewers’ behaviours’ compiled from Amazon’s book section
• One of the first attempts to investigate the impact of online user reviews on sales of search goods.
Guest editor Professor Adam Lindgreen of the Cardiff Business School, UK, comments, “Is the future of marketing inevitably digital (or mobile, tablet, social networking or cloud)? As the articles in this issue reveal, we may not know the exact form it will take, but we can predict some notable challenges and exciting promise for WOM marketing”.
Published by Emerald Group Publishing, the European Journal of Marketing is an international journal, actively encouraging global contributions from scholars across the broad domain of marketing. The journal enjoys a long-standing reputation as a catalyst for solving marketing problems and dilemmas, and as such is already regarded as an essential resource by many leading industry figures. For more information, visit http://www.emeraldinsight.com/ejm.htm