UK TMT REPORTER: TECHNOLOGY, MEDIA AND NETWORK COMMUNICATIONS
ABOUT THE COMPANY
OTR Global (OTR®), founded in 1995, is a leading investment research and agency-trading boutique with offices in North America, Europe and Asia. The recognized leader in marketplace research, OTR pioneered its channel-checking methodology by developing a comprehensive base of industry sources and an in-depth understanding of complex, global product supply chains and distribution channels. OTR's unique approach relies on journalistic principles and is utilized by the firm's more than 130 research personnel located in more than 18 countries.
OTR aggregates, compares and contrasts extensive marketplace data and prepares research reports for institutional investors (primarily mutual funds and hedge fund managers). Sources are interviewed via telephone, typically on a quarterly basis, which subsequently provides the basis for OTR reports. OTR's mission is to aggregate information from nontraditional sources, compare it with expectations and look for dislocations or inflection points that provide investment opportunities for our clients.
OTR is the leading channel and marketplace research/trading firm to Wall Street. OTR has provided investment research to some of the world’s largest institutional investors for almost twenty years. This new position offers infinite opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The part time TMT reporter should be adept at covering a broad array of topics, which include the network security market, data centers and wireless technologies. Individual in this role will work with editors across the TMT team to provide relevant and timely marketplace intelligence for the global investment community. The tech reporter will also interact with the global TMT reporting team. The ideal candidate will possess extensive industry contacts and demonstrate the ability to develop new relationships with experts who can speak to strategic trends in technology. Analytical skills, ability to connect the dots and idea generation are other key aspects of the role. The individual in this role reports to the Managing Editor, Enterprise Technology.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Understanding of the trends shaping the technology, network security market, data centers and wireless technologies with a strong background in the industry or in journalism
- Extensive industry network contacts in the UK, beyond PR and investor relations
- Ability to develop and maintain new source relationships
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in technology, TMT or investigative journalism experience a plus
- The ability to analyze and identify essential findings; strategize and think broadly forward
- Must be passionate, able to grasp complex issues and manage stress
- Must possess strong communication, research and interviewing skills
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well within a team, but will also be a motivated, independent worker who is comfortable working from home
- Quality writing, a knack for interpreting interview data and spotting discrepancies in a story
- Schedule flexibility, time-management skills, ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Must attend conferences and relevant industry events
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude, self-motivation and confidence
- This is a telecommuting, hourly position. 10-15 hours per week.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to: