The Guide to online grocery shoppers
• 1.7 million people, 4% of GB adults, have bought groceries through the web in the past 6 months.
• Two-thirds of online grocery shoppers are female. They are 37% more likely to be aged between 35 and 44 compared to internet users as a whole.
• Members of this group are 78% more likely to regularly read the Financial Times and 23% more likely to regularly read the Daily Mail and the Metro than all internet users.
• When asked what the most important factor is in choosing where to shop, online grocery shoppers are 55% more likely than all Internet users to mention “loyalty schemes”.
• They are 35% more likely to use pop up blocking software than Internet users as a whole and 53% more likely to strongly agree with the statement “I like to receive emails from companies”.
• Online grocery shoppers are over 4 times more likely to purchase beer, wine and spirits online and over 3 times more likely to purchase furniture online. However, they are less likely than other Internet users to purchase sports equipment or financial products online.
• They are over twice as likely to cite QVC and Eurosport as their favourite TV channels than Internet users as a whole.
• Online grocery shoppers are over twice as likely to visit bol.com and 88% more likely to visit Zoom than other Internet users. They are also more likely than other Internet users to visit Debenhams and Dominos Pizza websites.