Experian Simmons Announces 2007 Future of Information Summit
Annual event bridges art and science to deliver marketing success
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – November 21, 2006 – ExperianÒ Simmons, a leading provider of syndicated research information on the American consumer, today announced its fourth annual Future of Information Summit (FOIS). This one-day event brings together thought leaders, industry veterans and senior-level executives from today’s leading marketing firms, media companies and ad agencies to examine how art and science merge to define marketing success.
“The art of marketing has been around for ages,” said Chris Wilson, president and COO of Simmons. “We now find ourselves in an era where we can link these artful approaches to the more exact science of measurement and reap incredible rewards.”
Featuring a speaking roster of top marketing executives from A&E, NASCAR, Facebook and Time, Inc., the summit provides attendees with a first-hand look into the minds of some of today’s most accomplished marketers and the methods they use to make their strategies work.
What: Future of Information Summit 2007
When: Thursday, January 18, 2007 8:00 a.m. EST
Where: Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York City, NY
Who: Marketing executives from A&E, NASCAR, Facebook and Time, Inc. among others.
Speakers and topics being highlighted at this year’s conference include:
- Andrew Zolli, forecaster, strategist and founder of Z+Partners, will deliver the keynote address on The breakthrough habit: Power tools for the participation revolution. In the midst of a participation revolution, individuals are using digital networks to reshape products, services, media, brands and even markets to their liking, while new demographic forces are reshaping society as a whole.
- A& E – Theresa Pepe, director of advertising and research sales for A&E: Media and advertisers, feel the love: Engagement is not a new concept - it's a reality. Theresa will discuss the research insights and unique approach that A&E TV network uncovered to enhance the overall effectiveness of their advertising within key media properties, with respect to key advertising measures – including engagement.
- Time, Inc. – Betsy Frank, chief research and insight officer for Time, Inc.: The business and the brand: Sports Illustrated study of the avid sports fan universe. Betsy will speak about a recent Sports Illustrated study conducted among 4,700 avid male sports fans. The study was designed to understand differences and similarities in attitudes, behavior, media usage/engagement and spending on sports in order to create new content across S.I.’s multi-platform media properties.
- NASCAR – Brian Moyer, director of market and media research for NASCAR: NASCAR and the evolution of its consumer research efforts. Brian will detail how NASCAR introduced consumer research to propel and transform the sport during the past decade from a southern regional sport into the number two rated regular season sport on television with more Fortune 500 company involvement than any other sport.
- Facebook.com – Mike Murphy, chief revenue officer of Facebook.com: The power of sharing in social media. Mike will lead a discussion of how social media has become the new utility for consumers to share information and recommendations, and best practices on how brand marketers can make positive connections with consumers in this new environment and capitalize on its viral potential.
- Global TGI – Geoff Wicken, EVP of Global TGI: Bridging marketing art and science in Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC). Geoff will discuss the similarities and differences between BRIC countries and Western markets, marketing strategies, and best practices for building brands in these huge and dynamic markets. Learn about the different consumer cultures present in BRIC countries, which consumers to target, and winning case studies.
- Author Greg Stuart – What sticks: Why most advertising fails and how to guarantee yours succeeds. Greg will share insights from his book and discuss his unique perspectives in quantifying what works and what doesn’t.
- RPA – David Berne, SVP, director of strategic planning for RPA: The power of an engaging idea: Honda Element and all of its friends. David will discuss RPA’s award-winning campaign for the Honda Element that has successfully incorporated viral media channels, allowing consumers to be active and voluntary participants in the actual experience and dissemination of advertising.
Registration for FOIS 2007 is now open at www.smrb.com. For more information, please contact Kym Kulle at
About Experian Simmons
Experian Simmons, a business unit of Experian® Group Ltd. (LSE:EXPN) www.experian.com has been a leading chronicler of the American consumer for over 50 years. From the products that all Americans buy and the brands they prefer, to their Internet shopping behaviors, attitudes, lifestyles and media that they use. Simmons measures over 30,000 American consumers each year using statistically projectable samples. Simmons’ samples include the largest representation of all Americans, including, Hispanic, African-American, Asian and other consumers and are used by over 500 clients worldwide to provide the most complete picture available on America’s consumers. In 2006, Experian Research Services was ranked the fastest growing market research company by Jack Honomichl, the leading market research industry authority.